Friday, May 23, 2008

Web Thing #12

Netlibrary- Well it is very easy to use! I was surprised really. However I did not find any 2008 books in my search. Is it because it is only May? Or is there an embargo on Netlibrary?

Could be useful in technology- where you need to refresh skills but don't need a whole book. I will refer my husband to the database and see what he thinks!

WorldCat is great! I decided to do a search on my mother-in-laws academic writings! To my surprise I got a list locally for her writings even many of the older ones!

The details and subject areas would be very useful for cataloging. All the information is there to fill out the interlibrary loan request. I wonder if there is some way to have it fill in the information automatically?

I am impressed by these tools and will use them more.

Heather

No comments: